What Does Being a Member of Yosemite Audubon Mean?
Joining Yosemite Area Audubon Society as a Member means that you are supporting our local efforts in Conservation and Citizen Science, including our ongoing Nestbox and Education programs. Membership in Yosemite Audubon is separate from membership in the National Audubon Society or in Audubon CA. Yosemite Area Audubon is an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit organization with its own membership, budget and programs. Although we are a chapter of National Audubon, we rely on support from local members to carry out our programs.
Become part of our community, dedicated to protecting birds and to the conservation of our own special and unique local habitats. ALL of your dues go to our local programs and conservation efforts. None of volunteers staff or Board of Directors is paid.
What Does Membership Cost?
Membership in the Yosemite Area Audubon Society is only $15.00 per year. In an effort to keep our costs down and to concentrate our volunteer efforts on our Conservation projects, we have started asking Members to renew at the same time each year, shifting to a January renewal date. This means that if you became a New Member in any other month of the year, we will be asking you to transition to a January Membership renewal time eventually. If you have any questions about the renewal process, please contact our Membership Chair.
What are the Membership Perks?
- Subscription to the newsletter of YAAS, which contains information and announcements on Monthly Programs, Field Trips, local issues, and articles about our natural history.
- Free Monthly Programs on a wide variety of fascinating and informative topics, including birds (of course) and natural history. The programs are presented in Mariposa and Oakhurst in alternate months.
- Field Trips to birding hot spots as well as Field Trips focused on other flora and fauna.
- Volunteer opportunities to make a difference! Support important conservation efforts by participating in citizen science projects such as our Nestbox and Education Programs, and our ongoing raptor surveys. YAAS also sponsors two Christmas Bird Counts in our area, one of Audubon’s most important methods of collecting data for research and conservation efforts.
- New Members receive a YAAS window decal!
SIGN ME UP!
You can pay using the PAYPAL link below.
You do not need to have a Paypal account in order to make your payment using this method.